Operational Risk Analyst - Swinton Insurance - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
We are Swinton Insurance. We've been helping people to find insurance for over 60 years. And we're far from done. With a fresh focus, a clear vision and some incredible projects on the go, there's never been a better time to join us - and to develop your career with one of the UK's leading digital Insurance Brokers.
We are currently looking to recruit an Operational Risk Analyst to join the Risk and Compliance Team. The focus of the role will be to support the operation of Swinton's Risk Management Framework.
* Set up and manage Risk Management Framework reporting capability
* Deliver insightful & meaningful risk analysis & reporting for consumption by Exec, the Board and FCA
* Update Risk Management Policies, User Guides and training material
* Sense check / validate processes are being adhered
* Own administration of the risk event management process and analyse outputs
* Collate and produce Risk Appetite KRI report
* Systems administrator of any future risk management system or ownership/automation of current excel templates
* Analyse departmental risk registers/KRIs and produce report to support top-down risks review and challenge
* Represent Risk team at Risk & Compliance Forum
* Liaise with Compliance Monitoring Team re risk registers
* Maintain Integrated Assurance Matrix
* Co-ordinate Internal Audit action tracking
* Analyse and validate relevant risk management outputs from departments, producing summary reports to communicate findings to Exec and the Board
* Organise and complete RMAR reporting
* Ensure regulatory interactions are appropriately recorded and tracked
* Broad knowledge of risk management frameworks and methodologies
* Good knowledge & understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
* Credible, articulate and considered communicator
* Analytical thinker, detail conscious, able to extract and present relevant information concisely.
* Business analysis or process performance improvement experience.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends or patterns
* Strong ability to work with MS Office suite of products and process and governance software
* Ability to develop stakeholder relationships and influence by exercising logical and well-reasoned arguments.
* Experience within the Insurance sector, preferably within Insurance Brokering
* Previous application of risk management frameworks and methodologies
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit enquiry, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.