Operational Risk Analyst - London, United Kingdom,
A leading UK Regulated and Managed Wholesale Bank are currently seeking an Operational Risk Analyst to join their team based in their London offices, a walking distance from both Liverpool Street or Fenchurch Street station. They are currently diversifying its trade finance activities and you will play a part in supporting the Chief Risk Officer in enhancing and embedding the operational risk framework across all business units.
Overall Objectives for the role;
- Oversight of the operational risk incident management process - engage with business areas to encourage the prompt escalation of risk incidents, complete root cause analysis of the incidents, make recommendations for remediation of incidents. The ORA will manage the Ops Risk Incident Register and follow-up on incidents to ensure effective remediation of action points within due dates.
- Challenge and support business areas as they assess they risk and control profiles, utilizing
operational risk management tools such as the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) exercise and risk reviews.
- Collate, review and challenge management information related to operational risk from business areas with a focus on the identification of material issues/topics to be highlighted for escalation
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues in other business areas, particularly Business Managers, Internal Audit & Compliance.
- Utilise opportunity to gain an insight into credit risk management by providing support to the Credit Risk function.
- Perform ad hoc activities as assigned by the CRO.
- You will need to have a solid understanding of operational risk and proficient user of MS Excel
- Assist with updating and enhancing the Risk Register, KRIs and other risk processes as directed.
- Experience of Trade Finance will be an advantage but is not essential
- Working knowledge of Operational Risk Reports, MI development, KRIs essential.
- Candidate will need to be an effective communicator who is able to work in a fast paced environment.