Operational Risk Manager - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Our client is an Oil trading and supply company based in Central London. They have a strong track-record of growth and an impressive entrepreneurial approach.
Due to the demands of IMO 2020 and exciting growth across the business, we are seeking an experienced Operational Risk Manager to join the Risk Management team in London, reporting to the COO.
As Operational Risk Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the framework to enable identification and assessment of major operational risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities;
- Develop, execute, co-ordinate and maintain relevant and robust Incident Management process;
- Contribute risk management based and commercially aware into new strategic initiatives;
- Develop and maintain an effective internal audit function;
- System roles and security access: define segregation of duties policy; develop and maintain role security / system permission profiles; maintain Segregation of Duties Matrix; approve role related permissions; review active permissions; test permissions for exceptions / non-conformance;
- Establish, maintain and review procedures at management and operational level to identify, monitor and mitigate operational risk in accordance with the company's risk management manual;
- Support senior level engagement on the management of key operational risk issues;
- Develop and maintain a library of key process documentation across all departments;
- Maintain appropriate processes and control; provide insight and education on company processes and controls; drive engagement on key operational risk issues; define key operational risk metrics; maintain Risk and Controls Matrix; track performances against agreed metrics; maintain relevant trackers and trend analysis for process and controls testing; ensuring visibility of process performance, employ adherence and issues arising;
- Works closely with all other functions and departments;
- Works especially closely with other Risk functions.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Detailed knowledge of operational risk and control processes;
- Excellent working knowledge of energy trading and supply chain operations;
- Knowledge of Operational Rigour/Testing Frameworks;
- Experience in commercial finance, accounting, internal control, business change and business assurance;
- Strong IT Skills and aptitude, experience with Energy Trading Risk Management Systems (ETRM);
- Extensive experience in setting up a control's environment (SOX, COSO);
- Professional qualifications preferred in ACA, ACCA, CIMA and PRINCE 2.
- Successful candidate would be from an energy trading background with a minimum of 3/4 years in operational risk; and preferably broader energy trading company experience; e.g. Commercial Finance, Accounting, Audit, Internal Control, business change and business Assurance;
- Possess honed subject matter knowledge, competence and capability to deploy these attributes within busy and challenging environments.