Payments Analyst Postion - Eaglescliffe, County Durham, United Kingdom, TS16
My client is looking for a Payments Analyst Position based in Stockton, for a 3 month period.
The Payments Analyst position is part of the Cash Management team. This team ensures that payments to suppliers are processed to agreed SLAs and month end reporting and balance sheet reconciliations are completed in line with schedule.
This position will suit someone from a Banking background, with SOX control experience being desirable and international transactional experience being crucial to the role.
They will be focusing on the banking/cash management side of the shared service centre; including reconciliation of banks to general ledger, month end reconciliations, raising and posting journals, working with internal customers; the Plants around the UK and Europe, communicating effectively at high level with Senior leaders in the business to resolve issues, using the Oracle system.
* Processing of payments
* Completion of ad-hoc payments processes
* Completion of balance sheet reconciliations providing evidence of reconciling and aged items - monthly
* Completion of Cash management within Oracle and completion of journal entries where appropriate
* Completion of the reporting of changes in Bank Details for automated payments, and ensures the information is correct and accurate for audit
* Recommends improvements to processes and procedures to drive efficiency in process without risk to SLA and SOx controls
* Support ongoing projects and continual improvement initiatives
* Ensure documentation of procedures/work instructions and critical processes are kept up to date
* Ensure the quality of cash payments received have all necessary information and approvals to meet SOx controls.
* Previous experience in a similar role.
* AAT or finance qualification highly desirable
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Previous experience of working in a similar role an HR function with high levels of confidentiality.
* Can demonstrate high levels of accuracy, pace and attention to detail.
* Identifies and proposes solutions or resolutions to stakeholder queries within boundaries of role and with minimum supervision.
* Uses own initiative and builds good relationships with stakeholders.
* Demonstrates a proactive approach to meet and exceed customer expectations.
* Highly IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Packages, (including v- look ups and pivots) ideally with experience of Oracle.
* Ability to effectively organise and plan a varied and diverse workload with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as working on your own.
* Act in a professional manner being an ambassador for the Payments team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer