Payments Operations Officer - London, United Kingdom,
Payments Operations Officer - Maternity Cover
Prestigious overseas Bank based in Mayfair are seeking a Payments specialist to cover a maternity leave
You will be treated as a member of the Banks staff and eligible for full banking benefits for the duration of the contract
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in financial services - payments department
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge in work context
- Reliable, accurate, ability to prioritise responsibilities meeting deadlines.
- Good systems skills and application to the business.
- Understanding of payment systems and SWIFT formatting.
- Experience with use of Windows based applications and banking applications
Duties / responsibilities
- Payments: Mandate Checking or Outgoing Payments; preparation, formatting and routing of all internal and external payments on behalf of the Bank and its clients
- All payments are input to Globus to be interfaced and transmitted to Nostro Correspondents via SWIFT.
- Ensure all payments are executed timely in accordance with our operating procedures.
- Monitor timely processing from the front-office ensuring breaches and return of funds are logged in accordance with reporting obligations.
- Incoming Payments; monitoring and booking in Globus,
- Investigations; any queries brought to our attention or otherwise discovered must be investigated and followed until completed.