Payments Associate 6 month FTC - London, United Kingdom,
We're WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free. We've helped over 150,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £70bn since 2004. Our clients never stop and neither do we. As a result of this we are looking to hire a Payments and Investigations Associate to join our growing Operations team.
We're WorldFirst, experts in moving money around the world. As a fast growing FinTech business, we specialise in making foreign exchange simple, fast and fuss-free for people and businesses with global ambitions. By combining best in-class technology with award-winning customer service, we've helped over 150,000 people, small businesses and online sellers transfer over £70bn since we launched in 2004. Our clients never stop and neither do we. As a result of this we are looking to hire a Payments and Investigations Associate to join our growing Operations team.
The Payments Associate will manage various payment queues and be responsible for the correct formatting of multi currency payments within various systems.
The Payments Team is primarily responsible for day-to-day processing of all outbound payments through a variety of banking partners, back office systems, and service providers and any resultant queries. Accuracy and attention to detail are a must as well as good knowledge of SWIFT.
- Authorise all types of payments on various online and in-house platforms (BACS, Direct Debits, SWIFT, SEPA, ACH, CHAPS, Faster Payments), ensuring they are processed accurately and within cut offs and SLAs
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including client facing colleagues and our partner banks
- Assist in driving process change with a focus on ideas to improve team efficiency and controls
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to resolve technical payment issues
- Escalate any client/payment issues with relevant hierarchy
- Support junior members of the team with more complex payments issues
- Contribute to ad hoc requests or projects
- Maintain a friendly and open team attitude that encourages all other employees to approach the Payments team with queries or concerns
- Be the first point of contact for all payment investigation queries
- Actively maintain and manage the investigation report, delivering excellent service and communication to internal stakeholders
- Ensure all investigations are completed in line with internal and external SLAs
- Own the post-payment transaction monitoring process (ACK/NAK/MT900)
- Continually develop knowledge of the payments area and industry as a whole.
Skills and experience required:
- In-depth knowledge of UK and international payment systems and messaging (CHAPS, BACS, SWIFT etc.)
- Good understanding of UK retail banking and relevant regulations
- Excellent communication skills; able to convey information to people clearly and simply via telephone and email
- Accuracy and attention to detail; noticing errors and missing information and advising the departments responsible for correcting
- Ability to spot process flaws and suggest solutions and improvements
- Strong organisation skills and able to work under pressure
- Previous payments experience is essential
- Salary: commensurate to experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties - and more.
If you are interested in the above please submit your CV in the strictest of confidence.
Also please check out our website to find out more about what we do here at WorldFirst.