Performance & Valuations Data Analyst Wealth Management - London, United Kingdom,
The company have been in business for over 2- years and over and exceeded all business targets and AUM growth. Their offices are very smart, but at the same time, there is a really relaxed, adult and professional vibe in the office.
Our client is looking for someone with ideally a minimum of two-years working experience within a Data Operations, Static Data, or Data Business Analyst role. The role requires a mix of analytics, as well a need for strong working knowledge of Excel (i.e. Advanced-level as a minimum) and ideally a current strong aptitude of VBA and/ or SQL, or at the very least the above intermediate level, with the definite aptitude to learn more within these types of programs.
The role involves complex high-level Data Analysis, looking at various data feeds from the co's internal trade capture and accounting systems, as well as multiple administrators and custodians systems. As the business grows, their profit offerings have grown, as well as the amount of external administrators they use, with various technologies and systems, Data Analysis and improvement of process flow needs a full-time focus.
To summarise the key technical attributes for the role.:
- Someone with ideally around 3- years' experience in Financial Services.
- Strong Excel skills, SQL or VBA ideally too.
- Data feed/ Data Analysis/ advanced Data manipulation experience - someone that is willing to understand feeds, investigate feed differences and then understand the knock-on effect of that difference.
- Experience in valuations is good and the performance side but this element can be taught if necessary. What we need is the clear interest to be involved in that aspect.
- Someone that can be moulded into the role and open to being a part of other projects.
- To be the right fit showing a start-up mentality, flexible and willing to get in to the weeds of data and ensuring accuracy.
The role is for an Operations Analyst working within data loading and portfolio performance/reporting - a critical support role within the firm. The individual being sought will be detail orientated, able to administer many Operational processes and suggest and implement efficiency improvements where possible.
As clients are taken on by the Wealth Manager, there is a requirement to accept new data feeds and adopt new processes in order to be able to have oversight and manage assets with more custodians. It is expected that the incumbent will be familiar liaising with custodians, service providers and monitoring the status of open events/queries. Experience of the wealth management industry is required and should include all types of clients - individuals, families, companies, trusts and equivalent. Asset experience should include equities, funds, bonds and ideally private equity and derivatives.
The firm has developed key policies and procedures across the business. The ability to be able to follow a procedure and highlight where developments would be beneficial is necessary and is critical for the success of the team and the company as a whole. It is also paramount that the individual contributes to ensure we do not place the firm at regulator risk.
In addition to the objectives of the firm to meet its regulatory obligations, we are setting an expectation that all client interactions should be wherever possible seamless, professional and a positive client experience. We encourage the individual to always consider the impact of a transaction on a client and to raise ideas that may improve the client experience.
The individual will work closely with the Head of Governance, Client Advisors and the Operations/Onboarding team.
The individual will be expected to assist with a number of critical functions:
- Ensuring that data feeds have been processed correctly and that all reconciliations are clear, if they are not then all issues are to be itemised, escalated and monitored until resolved.
- Ability to understand the impact of certain actions on client portfolios and daily processes.
- Ensure that the company App is up to date and accurately reporting client portfolios.
- Data input will be required where necessary for certain transactions.
- As more custodians are added to the company offering (to include 3rd party custody) to enhance the choice of custodians for the client, the incumbent will be familiar with this kind of set-up and working with the number of data feeds and aggregated reporting.
- Settlements for all asset types.
- Assist in the production of valuations and monitoring delivery of tax reports when required.
- Face off to custodians and other third parties.
- Ad-hoc projects for data verification/comparison between systems. Also to include ongoing projects when delivering certain requirements to meet Front Office expectations.
They are looking for someone with knowledge of running semi-automated data loads for
- FX rates
- Cash movements
- Reconciling and break resolutions for the following types of reconciliation
- Book costs
- Accrued interest
- Market value
- Time Weight Performance
- Pricing - stale pricing and significant price shifts
Performance calculations errors / differences (GIPS Time Weighted Return calculations) o Contribution calculation errors Salary
£40 k pa - £60 k pa, dependent upon experience.