Portfolio Analytics Analyst Credit Risk Analyst - Kent, United Kingdom,
An exciting new position has become available for a Portfolio Analytics Analyst (Credit Risk Analyst) to join a leading client based in Medway.
The successful candidate will be responsible for pro-actively support the enhancement of credit risk portfolio analytics; optimising the risk and reward dynamic of lending assets in order to achieve its key strategic and financial objectives.
- Supporting the Portfolio Analytics Manager to ensure more informed lending policy and arrears and forbearance strategy decisions, whilst also managing and maintaining the affordability assessment calculators used within underwriting processes, ensuring that asset yields perform in line or exceed expectations.
- Pro-actively suggesting new insights and analytics into the credit profile, balance sheet composition and subsequent impairment and capital performance under both benign and stressed conditions, informing go forward business strategy.
- Support the business analytically in deriving and implementing new product propositions from a credit risk perspective (i.e. credit risk losses, pricing of assets etc.).
- Support the Commercial team within the due diligence process of acquiring or disposing of assets as required.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support the derivation of credit risk strategy and balance sheet management decisions.
- Develop tools and analysis to support the Credit Risk and Collections & Recoveries team to improve management of credit risk within the Group.
- Proactively generate analysis to provide insight into the credit profile of the Group and prepare communication of the analysis for senior management.
- Lead the management, maintenance and optimisation of all credit risk affordability calculators.
- Analytically support the credit risk appetite setting process.
- Analytically support all new product development as required (from a strategy design and cost of risk pricing perspective).
- Support all credit risk stress testing activity feeding the business planning
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
- 2+ years' experience in SAS / SQL programming is essential.
- 2+ years' experience in pricing of assets (financial services industry (banking or insurance) is desirable.
- Experience undertaking a risk related role within the financial services sector is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to balance priorities to meet multiple deadlines is essential.
- Ability to function in a high paced environment to meet high pressure deadlines is essential & to work independently to solve complex problems is desirable