Portfolio Manager - Asset Management - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
My client is a globally recognised Investment firm with offices across the world. Due to expansion, three Fund Managers are now looking for a Portfolio Manager to manage the discretionary accounts. They will be required to provide high quality investment strategies in line with the mandate set by client, whilst adhering to all regulatory and organisational requirements and procedures. The role would centre around guiding the investment process for the 3 Fund Managers.
- Manage and review client portfolios, making decisions which reflect the mandate of the individual client and be in accordance with the firms stated research and suitability processes.
- Ensure that the investment process positions the clients within the correct suitability bandings.
- To chair meetings with the other IMs to discuss and outline investment strategy.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of investment products, market and professional expertise and an understanding of regulatory requirements to deliver the best level of client service.
- Execute the firm's operating procedures effectively and, for all regulated activities, as required by the FCA.
- Contribute to initiatives in the team, office or business that improve the strength and quality of the business and the service provided to clients.
- Actively contribute to desk strategy and asset selection.
- Update/maintain discretionary desk systems and research.
- Provide appropriate MI regarding client investment performance/suitability bandings to the IMs or senior management as required.
- Please note this is principally not a client facing role.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Relevant experience within Investment Management and project work
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Excel - experience of creating macros and complex formulas.
- Good knowledge of other MS Office programs.
- Strong numeracy and literary skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory obligations in relation to your role as a CF30 and as an Approved Person and compliance requirements including but not limited to: Data Protection, AML, Market Abuse, Fraud Awareness, Advising & Selling, Conduct Risk, Client Assets, Bribery & Corruption, Financial Crime, Gifts Policy.
- Business or Economics Degree required
- Minimum - CISI Level 4 IAD or acceptable equivalent. CF30
- Preferred - CFA qualified or CISI Level 6/7 (if the candidate wishes to be more client facing)