Portfolio Manager - London, United Kingdom,
- Implementing investment decisions.
PM will work closely with the investment manager, but will also use an element of discretion when performing individual (rather than bulk) trades.
Such trades may be because:
- Acting on switch/sell instruction from stock selection committee
- Phasing in new money
- Raising cash when required
- Adjusting portfolio after change in mandate
- Rebalancing to maintain asset allocation
- Concentrating portfolios into best ideas
Overseeing unit conversions into the cheapest share class available.
It's important the PM has a very good operational understanding of all the securities we buy.
Some investment knowledge would also be useful.
- Coordinating between front and back office
It's essential to have a good understanding of all processes both front end and back including third parties such as Pershing.
Build strong relationships with the various different operational teams, and liaise with them when necessary
Be the first port of call for any operational issues
- Monitoring of quarterly valuations, picking up any data or account setup issues.