Portfolio Manager - Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV1
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Change professional to join us as a Portfolio Manager- to successfully deliver a portfolio of projects and programmes, working closely with our delivery partners and business stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes and benefits. Typically this will include a level of business change, infrastructure, MI, data, network, security and end user computing, therefore IT and Business Change experience would be highly advantageous. The role holder will be an extended member of the Project Management practice leadership team with shared responsibility for continuously improving our delivery capability and developing talent.
After a long period of limited investment in our estate, the scope and scale has increased exponentially over the last few years offering the successful candidate a great opportunity to further extend and embed their IT and change delivery skills.
CBS has ambitious plans for the future. It envisages continuing to grow strongly across savings and mortgages and embarking on an extensive programme of change across its IT estate to enable this growth to continue. We are looking for someone with significant delivery experience across a breadth of technology domains and with a reputation for consistently delivering to target. The successful Portfolio Manager will be or have:
- Expertise in the management of change, with evidence of ability to work within a structured delivery framework, ideally including SCRUM / Agile methodologies. Prince 2, MSP or a similar qualification would also be advantageous.
- A team player with demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels of the business, with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, especially at an Executive level.
- Strong supplier management skills, ensuring delivery against commitments is achieved working collaboratively to address any challenges.
- A passion and commitment to helping grow our teams through knowledge share and developing others
These are exciting times for the Change team at the Coventry, as we balance the continued smooth implementation of regulatory change and business enhancements with a huge investment in IT and Business Process transformation. As we progress on a journey that will shape the future of the organisation we are seeking talented individuals, experienced in IT & Change delivery, who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously. CBS is a great place to work. The organisation has around 2500 employees and is a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer.