Private Client Executive - Investment Management - City, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH1
Our client, a highly successful and respected Investment Management company, was established to provide the founders and their families with an investment management service that suited their requirements and expectations. Now, nearly 20 years' later, the company is entrusted with over £14bn of AUM via their platform, their funds, Intermediaries and with private clients.
Services include Discretionary Investment Management, Wealth Management, Family Office and Charity/Trustees and, in tune with the company's founding principles, the leadership team continue to invest their money along with their clients' focussing on building long-term trusted relationships.
In line with an ambitious growth plan, our client is seeking to hire three Private Client Executives to join their Edinburgh team.
Working towards becoming a Private Client Manager building positive & productive relationships with new & existing clients through understanding their goals, attitude to risk, existing personal circumstances & proposing a suitable strategy using our client's proposition.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and a Private Client Manager to understand & develop prospective client opportunities
- With support from a PCM, engage & understand all clients financial needs, attitude to risk, personal circumstances (including their tax situation) & current investments to propose suitable solutions & strategies to help meet their objectives
- The above involves reviewing existing investment portfolios and producing a detailed written review & proposal based on the Private Client Proposition and presenting this with support to the client face to face with the aim of converting the lead to a client.
- With support from the PCM, maintain & manage the relationship with the client by:
- Continuous engagement, deepening & developing the relationship;
- Regularly reviewing existing clients' circumstances to ensure that suitability is maintained;
- Maintaining adequate records of all ongoing & pertinent communications with clients;
- Highlighting wider wealth management opportunities;
- Provide support to proposal writing, portfolio analysis, ongoing suitability requirements & other tasks such as ongoing client fact-finding.
- Relationship building skills - rapidly establish trust with clients.
- Questioning and listening skills - understand fully & sense-check the prospective & existing clients' understanding, views and goals.
- Verbal & presentational skills - to clear & passionate communication.
- Written skills - clear, concise & convincing.
- Assertiveness & tenacity - to isolate & drive through the actions.
- Planning & time management skills.
- Resilience - manage conflicting priorities & demands.
- Accuracy, thoroughness & attention - maintain the highest levels of service.
- Team working combined with individual initiative, creativity & self-sufficiency.
- Personal development - take responsibility for driving personal & professional development.
- Commitment to development & growth - broaden your skill-set.
- Commercial awareness in order to identify appropriate targets, & to profile prospects
- Strong awareness of, & passion for, financial markets & the UK wealth management
- A high degree of private client wealth & investment management knowledge including:
- portfolio construction;
- financial planning asset allocation;
- UK & overseas investment markets;
- performance measurement & regulatory responsibilities;
- Awareness of the changing trends;
- Appreciation of the opportunity & challenges of working with internal Financial Planners
- CISI PCIAM paper or equivalent
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for a Statement of Professional Standing
- Level 6 qualification (preferred)
- Financial planning/wider wealth management knowledge (desirable)