Product Line Finance Business Partner - Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom, SL1 0
EMEA, United Kingdom, Slough
John Crane is seeking to recruit a Global Finance Business Partner, Product Line to join the organisation on a permanent basis. The role is based at the Slough site.
The incumbent will support the John Crane operational excellence journey by providing dedicated finance support to the division's Directors of Product Line in addition to supporting the broader product line group including strategic sourcing and S&OP. Reporting to the Senior Director Finance, Product Line, the individual will lead the management reporting, and be integral to investment decision support, budget/forecasting process, strategic planning support and general financial market intelligence for the product line group. Working closely with the Product Line Directors to provide incisive financial reporting coupled with recommendations for improvements and critical challenge where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of all monthly consolidated data for the Product Lines, and support the financial planning process for all quarterly, annual and strategic financial plans, including delivery of supporting materials
- Act as a financial expert understanding the drivers and nuances of the product line group, providing timely, independent insight and updates to the Senior Director Finance, Product Line
- Support decision making to maximize revenue growth, including new investment opportunities
- Provide recommendations for reporting improvements, influence support across the globe and implement those enhancements where appropriate
- Collaborate closely with the GeoMarkets business partners, regional financial controllers and individual country controllers to ensure a united yet efficient finance function is maintained
- Input to the creation and presentation of the product line financial strategy, working closely with the global strategy team
- Support ad-hoc John Crane initiatives, projects or M&A activities including integration and information requests as directed by the Senior Director Finance, Product Line
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field
- Extensive professional experience with a focus on Operational Commercial / and or Strategic Business Analysis preferably in a large multi-currency business
- Leadership of a team whether directly or indirectly
- Demonstrated ability to persistently pursue and achieve results. Use data / analytics to proactively monitor and review plans to hit or exceed targets and drives continuous improvement
- Ability to make good judgments in an increasingly complex global business by effectively sourcing and analysing critical information and making effective, timely decisions; taking into account the needs and impacts on business stakeholders
- Work closely with other areas of the business to develop a clear understanding of the implications their decisions have both in the short and long term
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders and work with different cultures
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferably experience of using TM1 and SAP
John Crane () is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
A world leader in the practical application of advanced technologies, Smiths Group delivers products and services for the threat and contraband detection, medical devices, energy, communications and engineered components markets worldwide.