Quantitative Analyst - Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, M21 0
From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, they have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, they have become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to their European headquarters.
Your new role:
You will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial commercial function that is tasked with creating quantitative and strategic insights for the Energy Portfolio, this includes learning and applying data analytics and AI technologies to commercial challenges. You will also be tasked with developing strategies based on insights and support commercial implementation, as well as support online marketing strategy (e.g. pay-per-click, google ads, comparison websites, optimising price/underwriting on our website)
What skills will you need to demonstrate to be successful:
- Exceptional statistical and data manipulation skills (high level of SQL expertise essential)
- Experience of using machine-learning techniques such as clustering and regression would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrable creativity and drive along with an entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to contribute new ideas and pursue new opportunities & projects.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Drive and focus to deliver
- Proven ability to work well as part of a diverse, high-performing team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of working in a previous data science / analytical position
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record of producing meaningful data insight.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.