Reconciliation Officer - City, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1
GEM Partnership are currently helping a client based in Newcastle upon Tyne recruit for a Reconciliation Officer to join their finance team.
Key Responsibilities include;
- To carry out reconciliations of card load, unload and adjustments data to cash received.
- Investigate and resolve speedily any differences arising ensuring the reasons are fully documented for audit purposes.
- To maintain accurate and precise financial control of the client reconciliation and liability positions.
- To establish corporate relationships with key stakeholders across the Group and within the client organisations ensuring they are fully informed of any anomalies or issues immediately.
- To provide an excellent standard of service meeting the agreed SLA's.
- Respond to ad-hoc customer requests promptly and effectively.
- Support payment (to scheme or Programmes) releases and other key duties within the Finance team.
- To maintain timely and accurate acquiring and issuing reconciliations.
- Support system processing and development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of carrying out detailed and complex financial reconciliations using various data sources.
- Highly numerate, analytical and logical with a strong grasp of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Well organized with the ability to work to tight timescales on their own initiative.
- Methodical with a high standard of quality and keen attention to detail.
- Well presented and professional with a positive, solution focussed outlook.
- Confident and articulate with an ability to adapt interpersonal styles dependent upon the audience.
- Experience in high volume reconciliations and sensitive financial data.
- Knowledge of the Prepaid Card Industry or relevant experience in a Finance team within another Financial Organisation.