Regional Development Manager - Investment Management - Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG1
Regional Development Manager
£60-70k + £7.2k car allowance, bonus expected to equal basic
To work with the Investment Management teams to introduce new discretionary investment
clients to the Company through professional advisers and intermediaries located in the
Thames Valley area.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Covering Thames Valley area developing their own defined panel of accounts.
- To agree with the Head of Office an appropriate annual target for the introduction of new discretionary investment management business and to achieve all relevant targets.
- To achieve the agreed new business target and any other relevant targets (KPIs).
- To discuss and agree with the relevant Head of Office and Head of Business Development key target introducers and agree appropriate recipient investment managers for new discretionary investment management business.
- To agree with the Head of Business Development the methods and direction of sales initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with local Investment Directors, Investment Managers, Head of Office and Head of New Business Development.
- To build and maintain appropriate working relationships with Financial Advisers and other professional introducers as well as Investment Managers.
- To gain a thorough understanding of the company's products and services and the circumstances in which they may be appropriate for existing and potential clients.
- Keep clear and concise records of contacts and visits and to ensure the corporate CRM system is accurate at all times.
- Report regularly to the Head of Office (standard format) including Annual new business target, Current new business, Progress against key targets and with key accounts, New pipeline, Local SWOT analysis, Requirements, Development of new accounts.
- To attend business development meetings as appropriate.
- Previous Investment Management Sales experience required.
- The role requires the candidate to manage their own workload, supervision by immediate manager will be on a bi-weekly basis so a willingness to take personal responsibility for organising their own workload will be important.
- The candidate will be required to work closely with marketing, investment management colleagues and the broader based intermediary sales team in all offices. The candidate will therefore be required to travel for work away from offices for a large part of the time.
- Results focus - a true passion to deliver outstanding results with excellent attention to detail.
- Continual improvement mindset - curiosity for uncovering and maximising new marketing opportunities.
- Planning - able to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals. Measures performance against goals.
- Organising - Can marshal resources to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Communication Skills - a highly capable communicator both verbally and written, able to express views clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Active listening skills and ability to enage positively with clients.
- Ability to work well in a team. Treats colleagues with professionalism and respect.
- IMC or Equivalent Level 4 Qualification
- Relevant experience of financial services in the local markets.
- Clean driving licence.
- Client Focus: Builds trust and maintains relationships by understanding client needs and, where relevant, aligning services to meet objectives.
- Technical: Has technical knowledge appropriate to the role, including relevant computer systems, markets, investment products and keeps this knowledge up to date.
- Time Management: Effectively balances priorities to meet agreed deadlines for individual and teamwork. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Teamwork: Strong team player, contributes to team objectives; Encourages participation; Volunteers for cross-departmental projects where appropriate.
- Decision Making: Accepts responsibility, solves problems and makes appropriate decisions. When drawing conclusions, demonstrates resilient behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Corporate Focus and Behaviour
- Actively supports Company strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and the Company's position.
- Acts as an ambassador for the company, proactively enhancing the brand.
- Seeks new challenges and delivers consistent superior performance.
- Improves quality and efficiency to drive results.