Regional Practice Manager - Wealth Management - Hitchin, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, SG4
Due to recent expansion, this growing firm have the newly created requirement for a Regional Business Manager to cover their Southern offices. This role will be home based with travel around the South.
Main purpose of job:
To manage the execution of all aspects of the firm's operations plan, drive continuous improvement & efficiencies and oversee day to day operational processes across the whole business. This also includes improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, but the post-holder will be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
- Executing the firm's operations plan (including proposition delivery, resources, processes, software and hardware, supply chain, risk management and management information).
- Directly line manage Wealth and CSA Team Leaders.
- Managing the process of business improvement for a defined set of short-term projects.
- Reviewing and adapting processes to drive continuous improvement.
- Identifying resource gaps, researching options and either recruiting new team members or undertaking due diligence and selecting suppliers.
- Scheduling and assigning day to day activities, projects and tasks.
- Coaching various teams to get the best performance from the individuals and the team.
- Collate and distribute required management information (MI) and ensure the Operations Manager receives the relevant MI in accordance with schedules for meetings.
- Ensure adherence to FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) rules as defined in the firm's compliance procedure
- The Regional Practice Manager should have the following skills and attributes: -
- Experience and gravitas to operate at a management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to listen, empathise and build trust with individuals and teams, motivating and coaching them to perform at a high level.
- Comfortable working on own initiative, setting and managing personal goals, directing workflow and managing conflicting deadlines. The ability to think on your feet.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective delegator, helping your team to understand their individual roles, clarifying that they have the capabilities and resources required to execute and create the environment for collaboration.
- Problem solving and decision-making - able to prioritise complex tasks and implement strategic initiatives.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of software and aware of new trends in operations management.
- Focussed on completing projects, activities and tasks.
- Change management.
The Regional Practice Manager must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the key concepts associated with the efficient and accurate delivery of the firm's client service propositions and risk mitigation and practical application of their technical knowledge.
They should have a strong awareness of the regulatory framework and its application to an independent advisory firm.
- The Regional Practice Manager is expected to have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the role, preferably within a professional services firm, although this is not essential.
- In addition, the Regional Practice Manager should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the challenges and/or opportunities that the firm's clients encounter at various times in their lives.
• A relevant Degree. • Working towards the CII Level 4 Diploma. • An operational management related qualification is also preferred.
Apply today for further information!