Regulatory Compliance Director - Banking - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
A Banking Regulatory Compliance Director is required by a leading global bank to be responsible for providing leadership of regularly scheduled current client KYC Refresh functions that impact or are run from the United Kingdom. This is a fantastic opportunity to oversee the build out of a large department (up to 300 staff) and drive its strategic agenda..
Key responsibilities of the roles include
- Drive the strategic agenda for the UK KYC Refresh team
- Recruit and develop a team through coaching and supporting career aspirations, and addressing underperformance when needed
- Responsibility and oversight of local and remote team managers and their respective teams
- Ensure efficient delivery of periodic review files in a timely manner at a high level of quality
- Collaborating with business leaders to ensure all priorities are met within acceptable timelines
- Definition and measurement of Key Performance and Risk Indicators to measure service performance and ensure strategy and quality targets are met
- Adhering to and promoting the company values and ethical framework, ensuring that the team operates to the same code of conduct
- Leading an environment where people management and development is a top priority
- Brings diverse teams together to collaborate on topics in order to achieve optimal ideas and recommendations
- Driving the achievement of high performance overseeing effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability and delivery of results
You will have significant managerial and leadership experience working within a Bank's KYC or Regulatory Compliance functions. You will have managed large (>50) teams and will have played a significant role in the expansion and development of such departments. You will have proven experience of facilitating change and must also have the ability to manage and control a large budget, detailed metrics, financials, risks and issues.