Regulatory Compliance Officer - Liverpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom, L1 9
We are currently recruiting for a Regulatory Compliance Officer to join a small Compliance department of an established Chemical company based in Liverpool.
The role is to support the SHEQ Manager in all aspects of Business-Critical Compliance and to take an active role in the maintenance of ISO9001, COMAH, REACH, FEMAS and the Nonconformance System. To advise on and ensure the business adheres to legal standards, by researching, implementing and maintaining external accreditations, legislative and any new legal requirements of the business in all aspects of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
With added involvement in managing the 'Safety Data Sheet' and 'Certificate of Analysis' flow/process from supplier to customer and helping ensure our continued compliance with all relevant certifications.
Regulatory Compliance Officer duties will be:
- Contributing to all aspects of chemical compliance on a site wide basis, as well as providing a central quality resource for customer questionnaires and follow up.
- Supporting the SHEQ Manager and the Operations Manager in establishing the root cause of near misses and non-conformances and ensuring the implementation of robust preventative actions, whilst playing an instrumental role in the development of improved quality procedures, protocols, systems and records.
- To review/update existing risk assessments and procedures.
- As an internal auditor, assisting in the preparation for Internal/External audits, along with equipment calibration and the prompt communication of compliance documentation to customers.
- Assist in all regulatory and relevant external accreditations audits ensuring all information is accurate, effective and available.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of relevant policies and procedures.
- Write, implement policies and procedures surrounding regulatory functions and obligations and advise where necessary.
- Creating/updating specifications and product codes.
- Raw material supplier approvals, 3rd Party warehouse and haulier approvals.
- Replying to customer regulatory/technical queries.
- Making sure that training records are up to date.
Ideally you will have:
- Chemistry Degree\HND or equivalent experience.
- 2 years' experience in a similar H&S role.
- COMAH\Reach experienced desirable...... click apply for full job details