Regulatory Risk Policy & Guidance Manager x 2 - Wythall, Worcestershire, United Kingdom, B47 6
Do you have an excellent working knowledge of financial services regulation and great relationship management skills?
Enjoy keeping up to date with regulatory developments, interpreting requirements, upholding standards and challenging the business?
You may be the Regulatory Risk Policy & Guidance Manager we're looking for. The role will provide expert support and guidance, including recommendations on policy and adherence to strategy, to all areas of the Group on matters relating to the Financial Services and Markets Act, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority, the Central Bank of Ireland and other regulatory and industry bodies. As a Regulatory Risk Policy & Guidance Manager your role includes providing expert support and guidance to all areas of the Group in relation to regulatory issues. In particular identifying key regulatory and conduct risks and issues associated with all key projects, new initiatives and developments to help deliver the Group's corporate and strategic objectives. You will also play a key role in supporting an effective Approved Persons Framework and driving appropriate conduct and culture throughout the organisation. This opportunity offers a wide variety of challenges and interest and provides the potential to expand your experience in financial services regulation. Responsibilities include:
- Providing expert regulatory advice and guidance to all areas of the Group including senior managers to:
- make certain that the regulatory and conduct risk implications of proposals, decisions and activity are properly identified, evidenced and addressed/mitigated;
- ensure that the Group's exposure to regulatory risk remains within appetite; and
- ensure that regulatory requirements and Treating Customers Fairly outcomes are balanced with commercial needs and considerations.
- Providing support and guidance to all areas of the Group in relation to compliance with regulatory principles, rules and guidance.
- Ensuring appropriate identification of business-wide regulatory risks, issues and emerging themes within the business and industry, and recommend responses in line with the business and consistent with the defined risk appetite.
- Supporting the Regulatory Risk Team to develop a culture of compliance throughout the Group
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience working in Regulatory Risk / Compliance in the Financial Services sector
- Excellent technical knowledge of Regulatory principles, rules and guidance, and related industry body matters.
- Excellent judgment and reasoning skills and ability to present challenge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to collate and interpret information and MI.
- Ability to build key stakeholder relationships across the business.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks and work on own initiative with limited supervision.
To apply online simply click Apply.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 23rd October 2018