Relationship Manager - Large Commercial / Mid Corporate Banking - London, United Kingdom,
Relationship Manager, Large Commercial / Mid Corporate Banking - Mayfair
Our client are following a strategy of becoming a niche Business Bank throughout the UK. As part of the strategy they are developing the business across a broad range of sectors and geographies. They are now seeking a Relationship Manager to join the team and make a difference by helping them achieve their growth. This role is based in their Mayfair commercial centre.
The role will allow the successful candidate to gain and develop strong expertise in both relationship management as well as business development, focused on large commercial and mid corporate level businesses.
They aim to make the bank one of the best places to work - a place where the very best people want to come and develop their careers.
Working as part of a team, the role will involve the management of both existing client customer relationships as well as a strong focus towards business development activities undertaken by the team. This will include planning, research and analysis with full involvement at all stages of the credit process including preparation of credit papers and the subsequent workflow through to drawdown of facilities for clients. The candidate will need to attend customer meetings and networking events, utilising your established KBI network.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious candidate seeking career progression to join an established banking name with a clear growth agenda based on long term relationships.
Your next challenge
- Manage all credit matters for existing customer portfolio, to include managing review schedule, increased borrowing requests, amendments and compliance monitoring.
- Maintain strong relationships with customer base, prospects and KBIs.
- Deliver a first class customer service and experience.
- Attend new business meetings and prepare credit papers based on discussions.
- Stay updated on current issues and trends, with attendance at appropriate internal and external events.
- Maintain a strong culture of compliance, controls and operational, credit and risk policies and procedures.
What you'll need
- Commercial/Corporate Banking experience, working with Trading businesses.
- Good Credit experience gained in a Relationship Management and/or Credit role, including writing credit papers.
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Interest in developing an expertise with regards to credit assessment and external contacts.
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills, together with the ability to manage databases and the bank's IT systems.
Please note: The Minimum Education requirements for entry to our client is 5 GCSE passes (or higher), to include a pass in English and Maths. These 5 subjects must be achieved with a grade of A - C. Confirmation of this will be sought if successful for the role.
What else should you demonstrate?
As part of the selection process, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the competencies reflected below.
Lending, Credit Analysis & Decisioning - Analyse the credit and risk implications of credit proposals and make well-informed lending decisions to grow profitable business
Customer Relationship Management - Engaging the Customer and adding value
Communication and Influencing - genuine two-way communication to achieve consensus and progress
Planning and Priority Setting - getting things done effectively and efficiently
Teamwork and collaboration - working together to deliver results
How You'll Be Rewarded:
This is an opportunity to be part of something that is stable, exciting and growing. You will receive a base salary of up to £50,000 PA (dependent upon experience) plus £6.5k cash allowance, pension, healthcare and various other benefits. Career opportunities are there for the taking for the right people as the bank continues to grow.