Research Associate - Retail - Equity Research Research Associate - Ret - London, United Kingdom,
Job Description - Equity Research Analyst - Utilities (Associate) (190001CC)
Equity Research Analyst - Utilities (Associate) - ( 190001CC )
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
Our sector-based research teams analyse markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients' first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
You will join a growing franchise which currently covers 14 stocks across the European utility sector. Your role includes to help to maintain and develop stock coverage, contributing to research notes, marketing presentations and financial models.
• To support the senior analyst with stock coverage by maintaining up to date sector databases and models
• Develop sector knowledge and contribute written work to sector research reports
• Assist the team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
- Asolid record of academic achievements
- 1-2years of experience in a financial institution, ideally in equity research
- Youwill ideally have financial modelling experience for equity research production
- Additionally,strong written and inter-personal skills are also required
- Advancedknowledge of financial analysis, modelling and valuations from a bulge bracketbank or leading M&A boutique is preferred but not essential as there willbe on the job training
- CFAqualification, or studying towards this qualification, is desired andadvantageous