Retail Credit Risk, Regulatory, Vice President - London, United Kingdom,
The employer is a leading financial services provider.
- Provide strong independent assessment, challenge, and solutions together with our Risk colleagues, the Businesses and our Infrastructure partners.
- Anticipate, prevent and detect risk and control problems before they break.
- Design control solutions which are risk-appropriate, effective and efficient
- Proactively work across Risk and the Business to share best practices, lessons learned and actions to avoid repeat issues.
- Monitor risk, issues and action plans to drive delivery and ensure accountability
- Provide regulatory advice to Risk and the Business, supporting regulatory self-assessments and submitting regulatory applications for model changes and approvals.
- The role provides oversight of BI's engagement with regulators including the Bank Ireland. The role includes oversight of BBI's IRB (Internal Rating Based) model permissions for Retail Credit Risk, working with the Credit and Counterparty Credit Risk leads of the BI Risk Oversight Regulatory team. The BI Risk Oversight Regulatory team has overall responsibility for regulatory compliance for BI Risk including the Bank Ireland (BI). The aim of the Risk Oversight Regulatory team is to partner with Risk colleagues to develop strong relationships with regulators, ensure that Risk meets its regulatory requirements and provide effective challenge over regulatory deliverables. Activities include:
- Close and effective coordination with the BI Retail Credit Risk functions and other key stakeholders on Credit risk regulatory related workstreams and initiatives.
- Facilitate delivery of the regulatory book of work including model applications, responses and ad-hoc submissions.
- Facilitate interpretation and implementation of emerging regulatory requirements.
- Manage and coordinate regulatory requirements, including CRR self-assessment.
- Knowledge of prudential regulations related to Retail Credit Risk, i.e. knowledge of regulated institution with IRB credit risk model approvals and Standardised approaches
- Experience in interpreting and articulating regulatory rules and requirements
- Understanding of Retail Credit Risk from a theoretical and practical perspective including product knowledge of Credit Cards and Mortgages; and experience in related fields such as risk models, methodologies, risk mitigation and risk management.
- Degree in a numerate subject, ability to clearly write and articulate complex subject matter, and strong academic background
- Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to review and challenge a wide range of retail credit risk methodologies and regulatory processes, ranging from technical concepts to controls and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
- Delivery focused - highly organised and proactive individual with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex projects and deliver within tight timeframes
- Strong judgement and problem solving skills
- Strong control mindset, with a good understanding of the importance of a robust governance and control structure, and what that means for a bank Risk function
- Good software skills including proficiency in the use of MS applications and SharePoint
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a wider team