Risk Manager - City, Liverpool, United Kingdom, L1
British Pound . GBP -
Due to continued growth and development, a market leading financial services company are currently recruiting for a Risk Manager to join their Compliance function on a permanent basis. With an excellent reputation in their specialist field, my client is looking to expand their city centre offices further and have a number of exciting opportunities available.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance, the Risk Manager will be responsible for ensuring adequate controls are in place across the business, FCA reporting, identifying and resolving any risks to the business and taking overall responsibility for risk mitigation process.
As this is a senior level position, this role requires a candidate with extensive experience from the financial services industry working in a Risk focused role, with relevant qualifications e.g. Certificate in Risk Management.
Key responsibilities for the Risk Manager
- Planning & designing an overall risk management process & establishing and quantifying the organisations 'risk appetite'
- Liaising with all Senior Managers to understand their departments processes and procedures to ensure all regulatory and operational risks are captured on an ongoing basis
- Engaging with all departments within the organisation to enhance and embed risk management processes
- Carrying out risk assessments, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Establishing good working relationships with staff to lead and promote best practice in risk management. This will include helping to develop and finesse the risk appetite to drive a more effective decision making process
- Manage the aggregated risk and incident reporting in line with requirements. Create effective reporting packs and analyse trends through KRIs and other indicators to effectively highlight areas of concern
- Enhance and promote the risk escalation process
Essential Requirements are:
- Proven experience working as a Risk Manager or similar within the financial services / investment management industry
- Relevant industry related professional qualifications e.g. International Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management, Certificate in Risk Management or comparable experience and expertise gained through significant previous roles
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and commercial awareness
This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, forward thinking firm who can offer a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package for the right candidate. So if you have all of the above requirements for the Risk Manager position, then please apply now using the link below.
The above vacancy is only one of many thatwe are handling. Marshall Moore Financial Services division specialises in recruiting all types of senior/specialised operations vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments within financial services, including:
- Investment Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Compliance Officer / Compliance Manager
- Risk Officer / Risk Manager
Marshall Moore is a leading specialist recruitment consultancy. If you would like a confidential discussion about your requirements, please don't hesitate to call Marshall Moore at our Liverpool office. Alternatively submit your CV for immediate consideration and you will be contacted by one of our specialist consultants.