Risk Manager - London, United Kingdom,
Our client is a well renowned financial services provider who is looking to strengthen their risk and compliance team with an experienced individual. You will be reporting to the general manager, and your main duty is to provide an extra layer of oversight to the current systems and processes.
You will also evaluate and recommend suggestions to the risk management framework currently in place with the goal of setting up and managing a new framework.
- Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance in all areas of risk
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company's previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- To continuously monitor and adjust to statutory and regulatory issues that affect the company in an efficient manner in order to develop a pro-active strategy
- Must hold a degree in the following subjects; risk management, management or business studies, finance or economics
- Relevant qualification is highly desirable e.g. international compliance association/institute or risk management, form of accounting qualification
- Advanced knowledge of financial services policies, procedures and controls
- At a minimum, 3.5 years' experience related to internal business controls, financial processes, and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with various stakeholders and levels of management
- You will need to be a self-motivated and results-driven individual with outstanding communication and negotiation skills