SETTLEMENTS OFFICER - INTERNATIONAL BANKING (18 MONTH FTC) - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
SETTLEMENTS OFFICER - INTERNATIONAL BANKING (18 MONTH FTC)
To £35k + bens
A Central London-based international banking group is seeking to strengthen their Treasury Operations with the addition of a Settlements Officer on an 18 month FTC. The successful candidate must have experience inputting / verifying MM/FX Deals & processing payments.
Duties to include:
- Timely settlement of FX / MM trades
- Ensuring all payments are formatted according to SWIFT standards
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing payments flagged as potential credit risks
- Acting as main point of contact for Correspondent Bank and customer queries
- Escalating any issues that pose settlement risks
- Maintaining confirmation queues within the back office system and ensuring all items are actioned in a timely and appropriate manner
- Timely confirmation of FX transaction details
- Reporting unmatched/unconfirmed transactions
- Processing all Investment and Security Products (Inc. Certificate of Deposit, UK Government T-Bill and Interest Rate Swap)
- Receiving all incoming Swift messages and distributing to departments.
- Recording any relevant large amounts received in GBP/USD on position sheets, advice dealers and recording transactions manually.
- "Tick-back" the MT950 Statement from our Major Correspondent Banks against the position sheet for any discrepancies.
- Inputting customer cheque and paying-in book orders into system, checking books received against order for accuracy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced FX / MM Settlements Officer to further develop their career within a friendly, supportive team in a thriving institution. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years' experience working in settlements in a retail bank and good knowledge of Swift and payments processing.
This vacancy is being advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited. The services advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited are those of an Employment Agency