Secured Loan Underwriter - London, United Kingdom,
We are currently looking for an Underwriter with experience in assessing risk and analysing data within the mortgage industry and who is attracted to a company that can offer excellent career development incentives. The hiring company is known for its positive culture and ethos and, through its goal to expand, is looking for a mandated Underwriter to join their second charge team.
You will have extensive knowledge within a mandated role, with the ability and know-how to make appropriate lending decisions. You'll be joining a supportive team of Underwriters that ensure customer applications are underwritten efficiently.
The role in detail:
- Understand and evaluate risk associated with every application
- Obtain all necessary documentation to make accurate and appropriate lending decisions
- Manually underwrite applications, holding a lending mandate
- Liaise in a professional manner with third parties to fully understand applications and risk
- Manage own caseload and underwrite cases in accordance with company policy and guidelines
- Keep up to date with and apply current regulatory, legal and compliance practices
You will boast excellent literacy and numeracy skills as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please note that the successful candidate will require a clear credit and full DBS check which will be carried out by the company prior to starting.