Senior Associate, First Line of Defence - London, United Kingdom,
Due to a recent expansion of my clients European banking division they are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate with 3+ years experience to assist in providing First Line of Defence (1LOD), risk and control guidance and support to the Corporate Finance, Client Coverage, and Customer On-boarding and Regulatory Due Diligence teams in the UK and Paris - fluency in French would be advantageous, but not essential. This role is critical in driving risk assurance awareness, understanding, and change to create a centre of excellence for controls including the uplift of the banks controls infrastructure. The role assists management to develop adequate systems and controls to identify, assess, quantify and manage the risks in the relevant business.
- Assist the Associate Director in providing advice and guidance on risk and control items including subject matter input for: business changes to support the proactive assessment and documentation of the delivered risk; event management including guidance and support to record, manage, report and escalate operational risk and compliance event, understand events and analysis required to identify systemic issues or breakdowns in the control environment; remediation action plans to address any design or operating effectiveness gaps
- Risk Profiling: Assist the Associate Director in identifying key risks and design of indicators to monitor. Feed into Global profiles with Divisional Controls teams.
- Design controls: assist the Associate Director to identify the right key controls to mitigate key risks. Carry out Design Effectiveness assessments and support the implementation of controls;
- Population of the inhouse GRC system to update KRI's, and report on risk issues.
- Assisting with any agreed remediation resulting from 2nd line regulatory compliance monitoring or Internal Audit reviews