Senior Auditor/ Procurement/ Finance/ Risk Management - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Senior Internal Auditor
Up to £36,000
Full Time/ Permanent
Manchester City Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful not-for-profit organisation in Manchester City Centre. As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will take responsibility for the entire audit cycle; including internal financial audits and risk assessments, and supervising the work of more junior staff, working directly with our clients under manager supervision. The successful candidate will get involved in a range of audits and projects and will gain broad experience of delivering audits across our commercial and not for profit activity.
- Perform audits to assure that the internal controls and processes meet required standards
- Link in with management and develop audit findings and give recommendations on business process optimisation, profit improvement, internal controls and compliance
- Supervise and develop junior members of staff
- Provide support for internal fraud and other special/ad-hoc investigations.
- Gather enough evidence to demonstrate the evaluation of risk management and the systems of internal control.
- Generate audit reports reflective of the audit work undertaken and including recommendations for improvements, ensuring reports provide independent, objective assurance to the audit committee on the design and operating effectiveness of the internal controls in place.
- Produce reports that demonstrate progress and control of assigned quarterly and annual plans; referring requests for variances in agreed audit work for prior approval by audit management.
- Perform investigations into irregularities or suspicions of fraud whilst respecting the confidentiality of information and following relevant regulations, working with audit senior management on investigative work of a more serious nature.
The successful candidate will need:
- Audit or accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate credibility with others including understanding of issues faced within the business units
- The ability to focus and achieve results through the development of strategic consultative relationships at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and broader presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, administrative and staff management skills to deliver quality outcomes
- Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, e-mail.
- A minimum of at least 5 years of audit experience preferably Internal Audit (however, candidates with less than this number of years' experience, who can demonstrate the necessary skills, will be considered).
- Preferably a member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA), Advanced Diploma and/or qualified CCAB. (Other relevant qualifications will be considered.)
- Lead audit experience and knowledge of risk management and governance practices.
- Comprehensive experience of leading and delivering internal audits to including those of a complex nature using defined internal audit methodologies including risk based auditing.
- Experience of grant funded project and their requirements
- Experience of managing multiple work assignments concurrently within an agreed plan and deliver to specified deadlines
- Experience of coordinating staff resources within specific pieces of work and operationally supervising and supporting others within a small team.
- Proven experience of operating objectively, independently and maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Competitive Holiday allowance (25 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy Scheme)
- Excellent pension scheme
- Beautiful offices
- Flexible working style
- Staff discounts and benefits
- Incremental pay rises