Senior Business Assurance Analyst - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
The Senior Business Assurance Analyst is a key role within the Business Assurance team. This position is key to overseeing the businesses deployment of controls and providing assurance to Senior Management and our client that the business:
- is compliant with contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements
- has effective systems and processes that manage risks
- is delivering a high-quality service
- has a robust and clearly defined framework of internal controls
The Senior Business Assurance Analyst will oversee a team of four Business Assurance Analysts to deliver a risk based rolling audit programme. The Senior Analyst will provide supervisory support in relation to audit work and conduct their own audit work under the supervision of the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance. The Business Assurance Team is also responsible for management of Health and Safety, Incident Management, Business Continuity and Resilience planning. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for short- and medium-term prioritisation of work in these areas, ensuring tasks are completed timeously and to a high standard, and will support the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance and the Business Assurance Director in the achievement of longer-term strategic goals.
The Business Assurance team is required to react to changes in business priority and risk landscape, the Senior Analyst therefore must be comfortable adapting to changing priorities on a regular basis and able to support the team to adapt their work in progress to deliver an effective assurance service.
- Day to day, weekly and monthly work flow management of a team of four Business Assurance Analysts and two Administrators
- Ensuring delivery of a range of audits, ensuring clear and concise audit reports are produced for the business in a timely manner
- Execute incident management plans
- Oversee and maintain business continuity processes
- Keeping up to date with policy changes and working with the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance to develop assurance activity accordingly
- Supporting the Head of Risk Assurance and Compliance with the management of contract specific plans including Equality & Diversity and Sustainability
- Maintaining effective communication with all team members, managers, external clients and stakeholders
- Supporting in the creation and maintenance of key processes within the assurance space, for example Business Continuity, Health and Safety, Incident Management etc.
- Any other duties reasonably expected as requested by line management
Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to end, and to manage more than one project at once
Excellent analytical skills and understanding of management information
Experience of using data or evidence to draw clear conclusions
Confident communicator, comfortable liaising with staff at all levels within a business
Previous experience of planning and conducting internal audit and assurance activity
Knowledge of information security and governance
To apply for this position please email your CV to the link provided or for furthur confidential discussion on the job position.