Senior Compliance Advisory Manager-Conduct & Regulatory Risk - City, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1
Expanding, ambitious and well known Financial Services firm operating within the Retail Lending / FS space are looking to hire a Senior Compliance Advisory Manager to be based in their West Midlands based head office. The position will report directly to the Head of Compliance Advisory-Conduct & Regulatory Risk, with the role holder being an integral part of the Compliance Advisory team. The individual will be required to maintain a strong knowledge of the firm and its regulations and provide regulatory guidance and advice to the Business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide regulatory advice and guidance to the business
- Point of contact for all technical regulatory matters
- Lead the 2nd line compliance advisory team
- Take ownership of the regulatory horizon scanning programme
- Ensure the firm is identifying and implementing regulatory change in a timely manner
- Ensure the provision of appropriate assurance to key governance committees and senior management
- Extensive experience in Regulatory, Conduct and Compliance with significant experience at Senior Management level within retail banking or a similar regulated environment.
- Extensive knowledge of FCA regulation and regulatory Rule Books including BCOBS, MCOB, SYSC, DISP, Payment Services Regulations and Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Commercial, business focused with strong judgement skills and integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to work effectively with staff and management at all levels and to engage and manage stakeholders, developing effective relationships internally and externally.