Senior Credit Analyst - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Peer to Peer FinTech lenders who have huge ambitions for growth.
They are passionate about helping small to medium-sized enterprises maximise their potential by making the applications for credit as quick and easy as possible.
About the Role:
The Credit Team incorporates the underwriting, credit management, problem lending and recovery functions.
As a Senior Credit Analyst, you will be an integral and senior member of the Credit Team
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Undertake second line review of facility requests received from both Business Development and Relationship Managers.
- Review and decision requests received that are within own personal Delegated Lending Authority.
- Review and recommend requests to appropriate Authority holder for facilities above personal Delegated Lending Authority.
- Undertake regular ad-hoc reviews of the company's portfolio at request / in conjunction with the Head of Credit and Relationship Management Team.
- Assist Credit Manager in monitoring their problem book.
- Ensure set SLA's are achieved.
- Have involvement in the enhancement / improvement of the credit process to ensure customer / stakeholder expectations are exceeded at all times.
- Ensure risk pricing is appropriate for each transaction approved.
- Take part in deal forum meetings with Commercial team.
- Assist with the reporting of the Portfolio to Risk Committee / Board as requested.
- Undertake ad-hoc reviews of borrowers to ensure compliance with set Lending Metrics.
- Assist with regular reviews of risk pricing.
- Support / undertake regular reviews / analysis to support enhancement / amendment to risk strategy / appetite.
- Contributing to efforts in detecting / preventing fraud from potential / existing borrowers.
- Attend client meetings with members of the Commercial / Relationship Managers team, when the level of complexity and risk involved in the case requires this assistance.
As Senior Credit Analyst, you will need:
- Customer / stakeholder focus.
- Proven experience in Commercial Banking / Asset Based Lending / similar financial institutions, with minimum 3-5 years experience.
- Holder of delegated lending authority in previous roles would be beneficial.
- Experience in a collections / recovery role would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with Credit Reference Agencies and risk rating models.
- Understanding of Fintech and how it fits into the financial ecosystem.
- The ability to challenge the Status Quo and bring a fresh perspective.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience in secured lending would be beneficial.
About the Role:
We are currently on the lookout for a highly skilled, diligent, hands-on and proactive Senior Credit Analyst. The right candidate will work with and directly report to our Head of Credit.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic and keen to progress their career in a fast-growing financial technology business. You will be joining the business at a very exciting time of rapid growth and product development, among hard-working teams of talented people who are passionate about what they do.
You will be working closely with our Commercial, Risk, Compliance, Relationship Management, Legal and Product teams within the business and have to be comfortable in dealing with stakeholders at all levels of seniority. There are also lots of opportunities to get involved in developing and enhancing further the Risk function.
Competencies & Traits:We expect you to be…
- Organised - You are highly organised and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Collaborative - You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly, both verbally and in a written format.
- Proactive - You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to detail and think about the implications of what you are doing.