Senior Credit Manager - ( Vice President / Director ) - London, United Kingdom,
The employer is financial services provider.
- As Senior Credit Manager, you'll be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of securitisation, ABS and covered bond transactions. Demonstrating sound judgement, you'll work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for your portfolio, engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and lead client due diligence. As a senior member of the team you'll also be a key source of guidance and support for junior colleagues.
- Your key deliverables will include:
- Proactively managing the portfolio's credit risk profile, making sure risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Working closely with front office teams on more complex new transactions, ensuring structures are acceptable from a risk perspective and in line with relevant policies, and advising on risk appetite
- Managing key relationships with senior front line stakeholders and external clients
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business, delivering a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Approving credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with your delegated authority
- You'll come from a role where credit risk management is a key part of the job. You'll have detailed knowledge of the securitisation, ABS and covered bond sectors, including the associated regulatory frameworks, as well as a basic understanding of financial statements for financial institutions, such as balance sheets and profit and loss.
- Previous knowledge of Financial Institution clients and products relevant to the role would be helpful, as would knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, lending, capital markets funding and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation. Experience in Non Performing Loan financing transactions would also be welcome.
- We'll also be looking for:
- Experience of preparing credit applications, and of holding an individual delegated authority and using it to approve transactions
- Understanding and experience of the application of rating agency securitisation, ABS and covered bond criteria
- Experience in conducting client due diligence, with the confidence to lead meetings
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to transaction, structure and counterparty analysis
- Experience in UK and pan-European commercial real estate transactions and lending, or CLO and leveraged loan financing
- Good working knowledge of credit grading models, and knowledge of credit mitigation techniques