Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Prestigious International Bank - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
My client are a prestigious international Bank based in the City. They are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join their dynamic team. You will be expected to lead and manage credit applications of the bank's biggest products in Real Estate Lending.
The duties of the role include:
- Assessing credit applications of UK owner-managed businesses of real estate investors, including individual facilities up to £ 1Mn -20.00Mn
- Ensuring all Credit Risk principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined, and regulatory developments are proactively communicated to all key stakeholders.
- Articulating key credit issues at credit committees, disseminating key risk issues and relevant recommendations for risk mitigation through rating rationales.
- Liaison with Remedial Management, Finance, Compliance & Audit for processes relating to Credit Approval function.
- Preparation of various reports for CCC, ACC, HO, as well as Board approvals and annual reviews.
- Conducting annual credit reviews for all existing credit portfolio loans to ensure that all borrowing requirements and covenants are being adhered to.
- Providing an unambiguous rationale for accepting or regretting applications, prior to submission to the Head of Credit and Sanctioning Committee
Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent) Masters, Professional accountancy certification or CFA qualifications are preferred.
Minimum 5 years credit analysis experience, primarily with and industry sectors, encompassing good knowledge of corporate and personal credit and secondarily.
Seasoned credit analyst with strong experience in range of industry sectors
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary to support the team.
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modeling experience.