Senior Credit Risk Analyst - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Our client is a Physical Oil trading and supply company with a global network of offices, a strong track-record of growth and a strong entrepreneurial approach!
This is a Senior role within a team of Credit Analysts and will support the traders and the broader business with its ongoing strategic growth and offers the successful candidate a real chance to grow and develop their career within Credit Risk Analysis.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Through continual collaboration with the trading teams, provide credit risk rating recommendations to Senior Management based on in-depth research and analytical work.
- Action daily credit requests, coming in from the traders and business development, for counterparties in assigned region; help maintain the company's credit exposure within the framework of the company's risk appetite and limits
- Write Credit Reports for the business, using all relevant research, investigation methods, and available data, to provide justification/explanation for credit recommendations and decisions
- Ongoing liaison with traders and managers to promote and encourage credit awareness in dealing with customers and suppliers; monitor and enforce the company's credit risk policies with the high-level objective of achieving 'zero bad debt'
- Identify and monitor outstanding debts and follow up with traders to ensure overdue payments are settled; identify bad debt and work in collaboration with the Legal team to recover payment
- Support Business Development activities by identifying new business opportunities through extensive market research
- Work in close co-operation with the Finance team to optimise margins on deals
- Proactively monitor and report on market and other developments impacting counterparties in the assigned region; keep the internal CRM/trading platform up to date with relevant market intelligence
- Liaise with traders, shipping intelligence agencies, insurance companies, shipping companies, and any other relevant counterparties to build up a network of contacts within the market
- An academic qualification at graduate level (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) - finance, business, economics, maritime studies or another relevant discipline is preferable, but all disciplines will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience within a credit risk analyst role
- Understanding of or exposure to credit risk within the energy/commodity/shipping/maritime/bunkering industry would be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to credit risk management in various regions including Europe
- An established network of relevant contacts in the European market
- Proven experience implementing credit solutions, researching and gathering data from various sources, and drafting credit and market reports