Senior Credit Risk Manager - City, Swindon, United Kingdom, SN1
To £90,000 + car, bonus & benefits
An opportunity to join be the Credit Risk SME in a growing internal audit unit.
They're looking for someone who is up for a challenge; tenacious and positive in your approach, energetic and willing to try new ideas with a learning mindset. Proven experience in credit risk management is essential, and you'll also be someone who displays the right values, attitude and behaviours.
The Internal Audit Community has over 80 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including risk, finance, IT, transformation and distribution. The team is leading the way by embedding agile techniques across activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering staff to perform at their best.
You will have the freedom to manage your own business area relationships, build your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team and solve problems that may arise. You will contribute to the continuous evolution of Internal Audit and achievement of our goals.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building relationships with a range of senior stakeholders, sharing insight and enhancing risk management.
- Audit planning and delivery; ensuring the right audits are delivered, to time, quality and maximising value.
- Managing, coaching and developing a small team of auditors.
- Most importantly, you'll be working on what matters and you'll be able to see how your efforts directly impact members, communities and prospective clients. We'll give you variety, purpose and visibility in the business.
We're looking for an experienced senior manager with extensive knowledge of credit risk management, ideally including mortgages and unsecured lending. This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas, or through working in a risk management/ internal audit function.
Previous experience of leading audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
As a minimum you'll have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of credit risk management in relevant areas to us, gained from working in any of the three lines of defence
- Experience in;
- Leading a high performing team;
- Influencing senior stakeholders and contributing to committee decision making; and
- Collaborating to ensure success of the wider team / function