Senior Financial Controller - City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, AB10
Senior Financial Controller
Do you want to work for a leader in the manufacturing industry? Do you want to be part of a developing finance department? Do you want to work in a challenging environment?
The Group's history dates back to 1900's. In recent years, the company has continued to expand and evolve, both through the growth of market share, and through the acquisitions of other leading manufacturers and brands.
Responsible for the accurate preparation and reporting of management and financial accounts for two entities of the business.
Lead and manage the team to ensure accurate, timely reporting to management in order to review performance and propose improvements using both financial and operational data and KPI's.
- Reporting of the actual financial performance on a monthly basis for both entities.
• Forecasting of the financial performance on a weekly and monthly basis for both entities.
• Forecasting 16-week cash position on a weekly basis for both entities.
• Responsible for the management and development of the finance team.
• Completion of the annual budget and 5-year business plans for both entities.
• Analysis and interpretation of actual spends against budgets and KPIs to ensure control of departmental spends for both entities.
• Deliver value adding and informative internal management reporting by entity to the management teams.
• Reporting of KPI's.
• Report and reduction of Working Capital, liaising closely with Finance Director Northern Europe.
• Project manage systems improvements and upgrades.
• Complete profit and loss analysis to explain variances between budgeted results and actual results.
• Contribute and support site performance reviews on a regular basis.
• Implements accounting policies set by the Group, coordinates systems and procedures, and prepares operating data and reports as required including interim and year-end financial statements.
• Manages the monthly closing process for timely completion and drives the resolution of agreed actions.
• Supervises preparation of and reviews financial statement reporting packages for each entity. These include: monthly and quarterly P&L reviews comparing results to planned and prior year results with explanations for variances; balance sheet reporting.
• Leads and facilitates external reviews/audits from a local perspective. Work with the external audit team to ensure compliance against all relevant IFRS.
• Ensures legal compliance.
• Ensure all legal requirements are met and adhered to for income tax, Corporate taxes, VAT returns, intrastate and EC Sales Lists.
• Complete year end statutory reports and tax reporting to Group.
• Ensure regular balance sheet reconciliations undertaken including stock count and valuation.
• Develop and improve accounting practices and internal control processes. Maintain documentation of accounting policies, systems and procedures.
• Control the capital expenditure budget and spend.
Skills and Experienced Required:
- Hold a formal accounting qualification.
- Experience of working in a similar role with proven experience of working as part of a senior management team.
- Demonstrate a technical understanding of best practice financial controls.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with an ability to define and execute on actions for continuous improvement.
- Customer focused with a deep understanding of internal customer needs and decision drivers.
- Experience of business partnering with the management teams and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders internally across the business and external.
- Have high level of experience and knowledge of corporate governance, specifically within a multi-site business.
- Be a self-starter and take initiative.
- Take ownership and accountability of your work.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in the use of financial systems including, Sage and IFS.
- Able to travel
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri ,