Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial Banking - Birmingham, United Kingdom,
- Email job
- Save job
Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial Banking
BirminghamAbout Our Client
For full details and a confidential chat about this vacancy please call Kate James on .Job Description
To work within the Products and Digital sub-team and supporting the UK Commercial Banking business:
- Providing legal advice, guidance and support in connection with:
- Digital initiatives and change programs
- Banking products terms and conditions
- New product propositions
- Product Governance and approvals
- Supporting Product Digital with the provision of legal advice and legal risk management services
To identify, formulate, co-ordinate and communicate policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the Group's exposure to legal risk in the jobholder's allocated business/area of expertise is effectively managed.
In this role, you will:
- Provide counsel and to provide and manage legal support in relation to products, projects and material regulatory issues
- To be considered to be a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner.
- To provide support and guidance on both business and industry lead digital transformation projects.
To be successful in this role you should be:
- 5+ years PQE with commercial/retail banking, payments and/or digital experience.
- Broad range of commercial/project experience.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills;
- Lateral thinking/problem solving.
Excellent basic salary and benefits. Flexible working. Two days per week from home if desired.
Michael Page is part of the PageGroup. Michael Page is a trading name of Michael Page International Recruitment Limited. Registered in England No. Registered Office: Page House, 1 Dashwood Lang Road, Addlestone , Weybridge , Surrey , KT15 2QW