Senior Manager EMEAA Tax - Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG1 1
Senior Manager EMEAA Tax Reading Permanent £65,000.00 - £70,000.00 / annum
11th October 2019
Senior Manager EMEAA Tax - This is a newly created position within the region of EMEAA.
The individual will be responsible for managing VAT and Corporate Tax. This includes: reporting and optimisation planning and managing all necessary tax affairs including investigations and dealing with authorities. We would also expect the individual to offer advisory to management regarding effects of business activities on tax and on strategies for minimising tax liability.
There will also be a number of ongoing projects as part of the implementation of a new global ERP (SAP R4/Hana) system in 2020/2021 including new Software for tax (Vertex) as well as reviewing organisation design within EMEAA in relation to optimising future tax support.
- Manage VAT & Corporate tax compliance process for EMEA & APAC entities
- Prepare the tax calculation (current & deferred) on a quarterly basis as part of quarter end close under US GAAP
- Local tax provision true up - preparation of true-ups for US GAAP based in current and deferred tax provision for local entities on an annual basis
- Ensure optimum group relief position across UK group and that allowances are properly allocated between country reporting
- Maintaining transfer pricing documentation, lead a proposal to review allocations of central EHQ costs managed from UK
- In close coordination with both Regional Management and global tax leadership, manage both Internal VAT & Corporate Income taxes with respect to compliance, planning, audits and appeals
- Respond to complex tax related questions from facilities, customers, and management
- Refine and implement Company VAT policy that ensures appropriate and consistent tax treatment of multi-country transactions, products and services
- Monitor and adhere to new tax laws while communicating any necessary changes to management
- Manage and ensure a successful ERP and Vertex Tax Software roll out to all international countries
- Review monitor and ensure tax account analysis and reconciliations are completed timely
- Oversee and manage the preparation of both internal and third-party tax returns for several entities and for multiple countries
- Degree educated
- Fully qualified, Big four experience would be preferable
- Experience of working in a multinational company with multi-country responsibilities, preferably with a U.S parent
- Experience working in a tax senior role which included Vat & Corporate tax
- Ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with people at all levels across the business
Our client is a global services company. Providing highly specialised solutions serving health care organisations and commercial businesses of every size and shape. For almost 30 years, they have grown from a small start-up in medical waste management into a leader across a range of increasingly complex and highly regulated arenas, such as:
- Medical waste management services
- Pharmaceutical waste management services
- Hazardous waste management services
- Secure information destruction
A publicly-traded company with $3.5 billion in 2018 revenue, our core purpose is to help customers fulfil their promise by providing solutions that protect people and brands, promote health and safeguard the environment. With more than 22,500 employees globally, our clients now conduct business out of 641 locations in 21 countries.
Our clients have spent 25+ years providing highly-specialised solutions to their customers around the globe. We are seeking talented people who are passionate about what they do, have a strong commitment to protecting what matters to their customers, and the desire to safeguard the environment. With our clients, you'll have the opportunity to learn, face challenges each day that inspire you to be flexible, innovative and adaptable, and do meaningful work that makes a difference for their customers and communities.
Salary & Benefits:
£65,000 to £70,000
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information:
VAT, Corporate Tax, SAP, Vertex, US GAAP
Job reference :
Staffing area : Accounting and Finance