Senior Operations Officer - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Senior Operations Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Senior Operations Officer working in a busy middle office in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has worked in Commercial or Corporate banking previously in an Operational role.
A Senior Operations Officer will be expected to:
- Authorise, check and approve a wide range of loan related transactions, with associated values ranging up to £10m, acting within Delegated Authorities.
- Work with Relationship Teams and customers to amend existing products and book appropriately on system.
- Provide ongoing technical expertise to ensure existing loans are managed.
- Use specialist technical & industry experience to execute final checks on loan products.
- Work to extremely tight deadlines throughout the day to ensure all payment cash-flows are achieved in advance of cut-offs.
- Work with both Internal and External Audit on regular departmental audits.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Identifies customer service issues and assists in analysing them and devising solutions.
- Suggests improvements to service levels provided.
- Delivers against agreed service standards.
- Resolves customer complaints and escalates systemic issues.
- Promotes and lives Santander values in all interactions.
- Ensures transactions are processed with appropriate internal controls.
- Ensures internal controls are operating effectively in order to minimise operational risk.
- Highlights where working practices do not comply with policies & procedures.
- Good understanding of the risks involved and our policies and procedures.
- Promotes trust, openness, honesty and integrity at all levels (internally and externally).
- Actively promotes and protects Santander UK's brand values and reputation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and competitor/industry trends.
- Seeks feedback from business partners on quality of relationships to enable growth.
- Successful and proactive communication with customers, Front Office and other service teams across Santander via both e-mail and telephone. A highly detailed knowledge of the loan product and the ability to communicate this effectively is essential, as this will help inform decisions that impact both internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Able to understand specialist complex systems and processes.
- Experience in a Financial Services Operations area.
- Familiarity with bank documentation, products, processes, controls, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of specialist banking systems particularly concerning Corporate Lending, payments and bank accounts.
- Developing relationship management skills, with strong potential to develop further. There is daily interaction with a wide variety of more senior stakeholders concerning Corporate and Business customers, making effective communication vital.
- Good presentation and negotiating skills.
- Strong excel skills. Regular reconciliation worked required to be performed within excel as well as bespoke interest calculations and financial modelling, amongst other things.
- An understanding of accounting systems and best accounting practice.
- Ability to think critically and to challenge where necessary colleagues of all levels (particular reference here to Relationship and Regional Directors).
- Ability to communicate and deal with complex queries and requests from corporate and business customers and the demands that this brings.
- Highly competent communicator both via Telephone and e-mail, with the ability to discuss complex requirements whilst simultaneously being conscious of inherent Operational Risks.
- High degree of accuracy as errors are likely to have a material impact.
- A strong understanding of bank lending and the associated controls and processes. To include exposure to and experience of ongoing fee calculation, drawdown processing, repayment collection and the application of a range of differing types of interest rates (Libor, Fixed and Base Rate as a minimum).
- The ability to demonstrate a logical and commercial thought process to problem solving.
- The ability to question/negotiate and handle potential conflict with both internal and external customers.
- Educated to degree standard preferable.
- Knowledge & experience of a range of banking systems.
- Experience of working within a project environment with defined and pressurised deadlines.
- Experience of system migration within a banking or Financial Services environment.
- Experience of banking services such as Direct Debit, cheque banking and loan settlement.
- Familiarity with Santander UK or similar major bank culture, policies, practices and structure.
- Experience of working in a cost and headcount constrained high pressure Financial Services environment.
- An understanding of treasury hedging instruments.
- Exposure to and experience of the syndicated LMA secondary market trading environment for corporate lending.
If you have the necessary skill set please do not hesitate to apply online today!