Senior Payments Manager - Regulated Bank - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Reporting to the Banks Head of Operations you will be responsible for 6 members of staff including a department manager who oversee the banks remittance and settlement functions. The role serves as a day to day BAU but will involve large amounts of project related activities including UAT, Full management of dept procedures etc.
The bank takes a Zero tolerance to negative audit findings.
- Development of effective payment processes and procedures.
- Help set up correspondent payments network to ensure the bank can support its customer's payment needs in the most optimum way.
- Act as the dedicated/first point of contact for all customer payment related queries. Tracking, investigating and resolving payment issues in a timely manner, whilst keeping the customer informed on the progress of their case at all times.
- Maintain detailed records of customer queries and resolution and provide trend analysis.
- Releasing the swift payments after verification with the proper support documents and ensure that the payments are processed within the cut-off time set for different banks/currencies
- Ensure that the swift payments are transmitted properly and the acknowledgement (ACK) report has been countersigned. If the report is not acknowledged (NACK) inform the concerned and return the payment to the payment creator.
- Follow faster payment settlement cycles and keep track of BOE settlement account and Faster Payment system.
- Ensure Banknotes and FX/MM transactions are correctly recorded for cash position purposes.
- Ensure all ad hoc cash positioning adjustments are processed on behalf of other departments.
- Match Banknotes and FX/MM trades confirmations with counter-parties'.
- Settle all Banknotes and FX/MM transactions in an accurate and timely manner using SWIFT.
- Settle all Banknotes transactions in an accurate and timely manner using SWIFT.
- Provide statistical data to Management monthly.
- Repair all SWIFT messages failures advised by the IT department.
- Manage queries emanating from the Treasury department or counter-parties.
- Assist other areas of Operations as and when required.
- Investigate, advise and resolve any discrepancies with counter-parties in a timely manner.
- Regular reviews of the cash management and Nostro reconciliation services to guarantee that it is being provided as per SLA.
*Current Accounts/Fixed Term Deposits/Loans Administration/Overdrafts*
- Development of effective operating procedures for all clients' transactions.
- Ensure Conditions Precedent are met by before allowing any drawdown.
- Process Facilities, Fixed Term Loans, Rollovers and Repayments according to internal payment processes and procedures.
- Process Fixed Term Deposits and renewals according to the approved procedures.
- Responsible for processing corporate customers' authorized overdraft and ensure unauthorized overdrafts are closed by client as soon as possible.
- Book upfront fees and breaking costs as required.
- Provide tickets to Treasury for appropriate funding requirements.
To be considered for this opportunity, ideally you will hold the following experience/knowledge/background;
- 10 years' Treasury or Paymwents experience within a Banking environment
- Knowledge and experience of settlement systems and services.
- Knowledge and experience with Bank Operational Processes
- Knowledge and experience of payment systems and services, in particular Faster Payments
- Strong SWIFT payment knowledge and experience with SEPA and other STP payments
- Good knowledge of FX transactions/multi-currency account operations
- Good knowledge of FX / MM transactions.
- Excellent communication skills and providing high levels of customer service
- Strong attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment