Senior Place and Investment Officer - Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, LN1 1
Lincolnshire County Council's Place and Investment Team is looking to recruit a Senior Place and Investment Officer on a full time, permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to support in delivering a varied programme of activities to support the strategic investment agenda for Greater Lincolnshire through working with investors, developers, influencers, Team Lincolnshire ambassadors and foreign direct owned businesses to champion Lincolnshire as a place to live, work and invest.
The Place and Investment Team is a fast paced, dynamic and friendly team within the Place directorate. The role of the team is exciting and varied and is focussed on delivering a range of activities to achieve the objectives of the region's Investment Strategy which aims to deliver economic growth and create new jobs. This includes the administration and delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme, account management of foreign owned businesses, attracting new inward investment into the region and unblocking barriers to investment.
We deliver our support by working with and influencing a wide range of partner organisations including other LCC teams, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Midlands Engine, Department for International Trade, local providers, Team Lincolnshire ambassadors, the private sector and other key stakeholders.
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the Place Directorate's plans and delivery strategies in relation to investment growth including:
- Leading in the delivery of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Account Management Programme, supporting over 100 foreign owned businesses across the region to invest and create jobs. This includes company visits to advise on the region's support offer for skills, funding, expansion, sector specialists etc; producing contact reports; liaising with DIT and local partners; facilitating introductions and meetings to aid support; and keeping robust, up to date detailed spreadsheets on engagement and investment.
- Supporting businesses in their investment plans for growth and attracting new inward investments to the region. This includes being the first point of contact for enquiries; liaising directly with investors both UK and foreign owned and producing detailed site and sectorial propositions to land and secure investment.
- Promoting the region as a place for investment in order to attract new businesses, investors, developers and create new jobs through a variety of forms of media e.g. marketing collateral, PR, website, social media, events
- Supporting the delivery of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador Programme particularly in relation to event organisation and delivery - internationally, nationally and regionally.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Department for International Trade, Midlands Engine, Local Partners, Team Lincolnshire Ambassadors, Investors, Developers etc.
- Keeping up to date and accurate databases, spreadsheets and CRM system.
- Administering financial procedures such as raising POs, invoices etc.
- Line management of the Senior Place and Investment Assistant.
- Deputising for the Principal Officer for Place and Investment as and when required
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and fast-learning individual with excellent interpersonal skills. Significant experience of building and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders' is essential combined with excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills. The successful candidate will be able to work across a range of different work streams, displaying the necessary professionalism and confidence to work with senior key stakeholders. You will need to be enthusiastic, creative, innovative and able to multitask when managing conflicting deadlines. You will possess excellent organisational and administrative skills, able to self-prioritise and possess a high level of IT skills particularly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
If you feel you have these qualities and enjoy a variety of challenges, then we would welcome an application from you. You will be joining a team of 4 who are passionate about driving forward the economy through working closely with businesses and key stakeholders to make a positive impact across the region.
It is essential that applicants are able to travel around the county as this will be required in order to meet with businesses and participate in the delivery of events.
We are offering a competitive salary of £32,234 - £35,745, along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description, to help you do the best application possible, before clicking apply! Please ensure that your covering letter/personal statement clearly details why you applied and how you meet the essential criteria for the position.
If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then visit our website. If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact Karen Seal.
Applications Close on 25/10/2020 and interviews will be held W/C 09/11/2020.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to conduct a presentation at interview stage.Please be advised that this position may be subject to a criminal record check
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns...... click apply for full job details