Senior Project Manager - Code of Conduct Banking/Finance - London, United Kingdom,
Senior Project Manager - Change/ Code of Conduct
Regulatory Strategy & Business Change (RBSC) is responsible for global regulatory foresight, regulatory change and supporting the business with a BAU operating framework where applicable. We work together to identify regulations impacting and ensure we're making the right changes to maintain compliance in an efficient way.
This role will report to the Business Conduct Pillar lead who manages the implementation of Business conduct and investor protection regulations for Global Markets and Investment Banking businesses.
The role will be focused on assessing compliance with certain Codes of Conduct and the delivery of attestations from impacted businesses to the relevant industry bodies (e.g. FMSB) where required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Scope the code of conduct work required for 2019 and identify / confirm key stakeholders in the impacted businesses and support functions
- Coordinate the impact assessments with all impacted stakeholders
- Manage the remediation activities
- Coordinate the delivery of the required attestation
- Establish and run required project governance.
- Manage Risk, Assumption, Issues and Decision log
Overview of the department / team
Regulatory Strategy & Business Change (RBSC) is responsible for global regulatory foresight, regulatory change and supporting the business with a BAU operating framework where applicable.
Within RSBC, the GM/IBCM Business conduct team is responsible for the implementation of Business conduct and investor protection regulations for Global Markets and Investment Banking businesses.
This is a 10 people strong team with presence in London, New York, Raleigh and Warsaw.
The Book of Work include amongst other initiatives Brexit regulatory impact and implementation, EU Benchmark regulation, EU prospectus, EU Securitization Regulation, Shareholders rights directive and PRIIPS for UCITS.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Codes of conduct impact multiple divisions, businesses and functions. The impact assessment, remediation and attestation delivery work must ensure an adequate coverage of this scope. .
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
1) Strong project management skills (Establishing and running governance with senior stakeholders, developing a delivery plan, managing risks and issues logs)
2) Strong stakeholder management experience. We have a very broad stakeholder base across Functions, at all levels, and there are numerous stakeholders for each Code (200 so far across the codes)
3) Experience presenting to Senior Management and Sponsors as there are relatively frequent meetings at this level
4) Strong administrative skills (documentation/minutes etc), retaining clear and succinct documentation within the projects and for all meetings. Note: Industry Codes are continuing to gain interest across the business and scrutiny (e.g. audits, compliance reviews) is likely.
5) Experience in identifying, engaging and coordinating work with teams across the Regions. Focus here is on engaging the teams, providing briefings that provide context and explain our expectations of the Business teams through to attestation. For each of the Codes it is the Business that do the assessments, so it is important to get them engaged and supportive of the initiative
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of Trading and Investment banking businesses
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.