Senior Risk & Compliance Manager (Exclusive Role) - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
Our client is a well-known, fast paced and entrepreneurial LSE listed business who are looking to recruit a Senior Risk & Compliance Manager. This is a really unique and exciting opportunity where you will have significant visibility across the business. You will be responsible for the firm's Risk & Compliance obligations, including its FCA regulated activities through the delivery of advice to the business functions and conducting regulatory assurance and other control testing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing SME Guidance to the business to ensure processes and strategic initiatives are in line with regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Challenging process and product changes, to maintain the firms position as a trusted customer brand and supporting the principles of the FCA.
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities/ risks, ensuring product developments and amendments remain complaint with regulatory requirements and expectations
- Anticipating emerging issues through research, regulatory horizon scanning and interviews with the business, and deciding how best to deal with them.
- Preparing and presenting regular reports for Senior Management on regulatory compliance and risk management activities across the business. Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Risk Management Framework, including policies, standards, processes, tools and governance arrangement
- Monitoring and reviewing the application and effectiveness of risk management activities
- Performing risk assessments on regulated business activities and using this information to guide what to asses in audits.
- Assessing business compliance to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing.
- Experience in advising and monitoring FCA activity, preferably consumer credit source book and/or working with finance institutions
- Conducting regulatory assurance/monitoring activity on third party suppliers/outsourcers
- Ideally a relevant professional qualification in Risk Management or Compliance
- Use of Microsoft Office packages with excellent Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills.
Salary range for the role is broad as the client is open-minded on the level of the candidate and are keen to see what's available in the market in order to ensure they get the right person. They are also a very progressive business and very much amenable to flexibility around the working arrangement in order to ensure a good work life balance for their employees.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on this role and any CVs sent direct to the client will be forwarded through to MERJE for consideration.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.