Senior Risk Manager/ Underwriter - London, United Kingdom,
We are recruiting for our growing commercial finance lender client who are now looking for a Senior Risk Manager/ Underwriter to join their team. Our client was founded to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: they support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish.
They are looking for a Senior Risk Manager to manage a small team of underwriters as well be as responsible for the day to day risk management.
- Report into the Risk Director
- Monitor own and team performance against set targets and Staff Dialogue
- Complete monthly 1-1's with your team
- Take monthly team meetings with the Risk team, informing them of any policy changes. Give feedback on team and product performance
- Conduct monthly audits of a sample of each of the teams deals. Highlight any areas that you have not agreed with, and Implement any additional training they may require
- To assist in developing the business Continuity plans to limit risks and preparation for if things go wrong
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the business such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors
- Carry out risk assessments to analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risk affecting the business and escalate this information to the Risk Director if need be
- Liaise with internal and external personnel to gain extra/appropriate information or to discuss applications where necessary. Provide regular information on application statuses and work load.
- Work closely with the Collections team to ensure there is ongoing dialogue around the performance on the portfolio
- Where necessary, discuss and agree ways to structure applications that will make the application acceptable
- Actively contribute suggestions and influence improvements in relation to the Cash Flow and Property processes and working practices. Ensure you are compliant with the Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- To work within the level of risk the business is prepared to accept
- Support the audit of relevant quality assurance systems across the business
- To assist in developing the business Continuity plans to limit risks and preparation for if things go wrong.
What experience do you need for the role? -
- At least 5 years' experience in a risk environment & strong decision-making ability
- Managerial experience preferred
- Understanding of financial statements and principles of lending
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and time management skill
- Ability to work within structured processes managing tasks efficiently and effectively
- Adaptable, self-motivated team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Good reporting skill
- High attention to detail
- Be proactive and acts on own initiative and have good problem-solving skills