Senior Risk Manager - London, United Kingdom,
The employer is a transportation services provider.
- You will support the embedding of the ERM Framework across the Group, including developing the risk policies and procedures in line with best practice guidelines and key recommendations and implementing continuous improvemen
- You will be responsible for developing the company's risk tolerance and appetite, strategic thinking related to this, and supporting the cascade and communication of risk tolerance and appetite throughout the company, which could take the form of written communications or training workshops.
- The role will include accountability for leading, developing and promoting the strategy for effective and robust pan the ERM processes, systems and culture ensuring 'best practice' procedures are followed gaining the ultimate approval of the Director of Risk and Assurance
- Accountability for leading key high profile projects for senior committees is key, (Executive Committee/Audit and Assurance Committee/the Board), as determined by these committees and provide regular risk reporting to Executive Committee and the Audit and Assurance Committee
- You will be responsible for ensuring the feedback loop is maintained between Internal Audit and ERM (i.e. strategic risks feed into Audit Plans and Audit actions feed into strategic risks), and manage communications with Internal Audit in relation to continuous improvements made to the management of strategic risks across the Group.
- You will lead the development of the company-wide risk training, and workshops, brainstorming sessions and other risk identification techniques for risk team and internal stakeholders in the company to improve awareness and a consistent understanding of risk management across the company.
- Degree level education (Essential)
Relevant professional qualification - in particular a risk qualification (eg IRM), MBA or CCAB/ CIMA (or equivalent), (Essential)
- In depth knowledge of risk management approaches and principles (Essential)
- In depth knowledge of Strategic Risk Management (Essential)
- Knowledge of Best Practice in relation to Risk Management (Desirable)
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills with ability to lead key high profile deliverables (projects, reporting, deep dive reviews) for a senior audience
- Strong ability to provide independent and constructive challenge, expertise and guidance to risk managers and internal stakeholders in the company and ability to explain risk concepts in a way that can be easily understood by non risk professionals
- Ability to think strategically and develop new approaches and techniques (e.g for training, and risk processes
- Significant experience of Risk Management (Essential)
Significant experience of Strategic Risk Management (Essential)
- Experience of implementing change at a senior level (Desirable)