Senior Underwriter (Consumer Loans) - Wellington, Shropshire, United Kingdom, TF1
Senior Underwriter (Consumer Loans)
Fully FCA authorised, our client is a brand new, strongly backed financial start-up providing unsecured loans to UK customers. The firm has now commenced trading and are now seeking a Senior Underwriter to come on board and support their day-to-day lending activities.
- Salary of up to £40,000 DOE
- Profit-based bonus (annual)
- Pension scheme
- 21 days' holiday (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Additional day off on your birthday
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved within a brand new company as they start to shake up the lending community.
You'll discover a fun, open environment where the focus is on communication and creating something different to the London banking sector.
Working under two experienced and dedicated Directors who love nothing more than mucking in with their teams, you will find superb opportunities to develop as the company grows, and for those with ambition, there will be plenty of progression prospects.
As a Senior Underwriter, you will be a self-motivated professional with the tenacity and drive to meet all objectives with a clear focus on Responsible Lending and Good Consumer Outcomes, all within an FCA compliant environment, whilst being able to lend your support and expertise to more junior members of the team to achieve a consistent standard of loan quality, delivery and customer service excellence.
Specifically, you will:
- Field inbound calls in a customer focused manner
- Make outbound calls with a proactive approach
- Provide excellent service to customers, supporting them with their loan applications and general queries
- Question applicants regarding their loans
- Conduct income and expenditure enquiries to ensure the loan is affordable
- Undertake credit searches and validate bank details
- Support informed lending decision-making within an FCA compliant environment
- Contact employers to conduct employment checks
This role operates on a rotating shift system. As such, your initial working pattern will consist of one 9am-5pm shift, two 11am-7pm shifts and a further two 12pm-8pm shifts per week.
To be successful in your application as a Senior Underwriter, you will need:
- At least three years' experience of working in an unsecured consumer loan underwriting role within an FCA regulated environment
- Demonstrable skills in delivering a market leading customer journey via telephone
- An excellent level of numeracy and GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C or higher (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to engage all parties you deal with daily
- A supportive yet compliance focused approach when supporting more junior team members in their work
- Excellent work load and time management abilities to support loan applications in a timely manner
Experience within a building society or credit card company would be beneficial. In addition, experience in a collections environment would be an advantage.
You may previously have held the title of Underwriter, Loan Underwriter, Claims Underwriter, Underwriting Supervisor, Underwriting Support Supervisor, or Underwriting Operations Supervisor.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're looking to take the next step in your career as a Senior Underwriter, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.