Service Line Senior Manager - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Permanent Service Line Senior Manager - Retail Banking Payments
We are looking for a Service Line Manager - and a Senior Service Line Manager to join a Retail Payments authority in London focused on the UK market. The company is currently going through organisational change to streamline its services and make it a platform accessible to all and prepared for the future. Due to this change the role has become available to help ensure its operations run smoothly.
The post holder will ensure the matrix model works efficiently through the operations directorate, providing all stakeholders a single point of contact. They will liaise with regulators and participants who have scheme related issues. Through the use of performance management, learning opportunities and recruitment (alongside the Head of Service Lines) the post holder will build a high performing and effective service line function.
More details on the experience needed are below:
- Highly regarded as a stakeholder manager in the retail payments industry in particular with both Regulatory and Participant stakeholders.
- Proven expertise and experience in ensuring complex services in a heavily regulated environment are delivered according to or exceeding the expectations of regulatory stakeholders
- Demonstrable leadership, people and performance management experience of leading a team
- Ability to anticipate and identify potential risks
- Solution-oriented with bias for action and a pragmatic attitude in order to work with peers and make the matrix structure effective
- Operations experience gained in the Financial Services.
Main Duties of the role are below:
- Ensures effective oversight of key change projects for the given service line and helps colleagues understand the Strategy and Objectives
- Inspires innovation in order to identify and promote ways in which the team can add value
- Leads and manages the effective implementation of a consistent approach
- Provides strong leadership, direction and performance management to the Service Line Manager(s) of a given service line
- Acts as a key liaison between the Head of Service Lines and a given service line function, providing strategic support and an understanding of all Directorates and functions
- Contributes to successful establishment and operation of the matrix model across the core operations
- Promotes continuous improvement; ensures service review meetings and operational level agreement reviews are held, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Oversees and ensures Scheme level rules and standards, e.g. direct debits (Bacs), are maintained on an ongoing basis, including agreement and publication of the changes, facilitating liaison with the Standards and Strategy Directorate (Standards Authority) as appropriate
- Provides oversight of the relationship with the Payment Systems Regulator in relation to the Code of Conduct for Indirect Access Providers, providing support to the Service Line Manager
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply here or to