Settlements Analyst - Transaction/FX/ Equity Banking - London, United Kingdom,
Settlements Analyst - Transaction/FX/ Equity (Banking)
Synopsis of Role
Working as part of the Trade Operations team; ensure that all allocated work and all incoming issues are dealt with, without risk to the company, in an efficient manner, and to the satisfaction of both internal and external clients.
To undertake all allocated tasks relating to the Trade Operations team process, including
- Ensure all transactions (including FX, excluding ETD derivatives) are matched with counterparts confirms, and instructed to custodians within agreed deadlines, processing cancellations / amendments as required. Counterparts to be chased after 2 hours if no confirm received following execution. All discrepancies to be actioned / escalated within 30 minutes.
- Processing & instructing Unit Trust, Cleared Fund and IPO / Placing transactions
- Facilitation and coordination of account openings / closures (custodial security & cash accounts, and counterparty fx & derivative accounts)
- Management of unsettled and failed trades (including FX)
- Sourcing, analysing and distributing product / market updates as necessary
- Investigate any discrepancies sent to the team with respect to MiFID and EMIR transaction reporting
- Update, maintenance and reconciliation of static data in Tradeflow, FXAll and FXConnect, counterpart memo account in Quasar etc
- Manage operational relationship for any allocated brokers (to include Equity, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives and account opening / documentation issues)
- Production of reports and data for Broker review meetings
- Ensure that client contract notes (daily / monthly) are dispatched promptly by Newton or by service provider
Processing cash and stock journals as required e.g. new client take-ons, Indian CGT, interest payments, and associated checks
- Be responsible for processing and maintenance of all work in progress
- Demonstrably control all work in progress, escalating where appropriate
- Provide regular updates to Trade Operations supervisor
- Production, regular review and maintenance of comprehensive procedure documents for all functions undertaken by the Trade Operations team
- Identification and implementation of process improvements, as a result of errors, changing market practices / requirements, volume changes, or efficiency opportunities
- Understand and comply with all requirements of regulatory regimes and corporate policies and procedures.
- Complete Key Risk Indicators (measurable characteristics of a business process) and coordinate appropriate and regular management reporting where requested
- Track, report and resolve errors and exceptions following in house risk control procedures
- Provide a professional service to all internal and external clients, and constructive input to work ongoing in other areas
Provide cover for other roles / functions within Trade & Data Management as directed (currently required for the Regulatory Reporting & Derivative Operations team)
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration!