Solution Architecture Portfolio Lead - West Midlands, United Kingdom,
We have an opportunity for a Solution Architecture Portfolio Lead to join our team.
This is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture team, providing an exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience of solutions architecture and solution oversight, who can confidently act as a subject matter expert, engaging positively with key stakeholders and where necessary deputising for the Solution Architecture Practice Lead. You will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership as follows:
- Manage solutions owner/architecture resources on projects and programmes
- Understand and drive clarity on architecture demand, and utilisation
- Build high confidence of delivery quality and drive consistency of design across initiatives
- Analyse technical dependencies and work with architecture peers to understand enterprise-wide linkages, impact of changes / slippages, technology risks, issues and debts and feedback areas of IT fragility into the IT backlog of work.
- Architecture Representation and active participation at critical cross-function management sessions including Portfolio Dependency and Risk Reviews, SteerCos and Design Governance
- Participate in project priming, help to build the case for investment as part of the Business Planning and Enterprise Architecture process, shaping and strategic alignment at early feasibility and ideation
- Have a Continuous Improvement mind-set and actively seek out feedback and improve work through review, change and guidance
- Seek and identify areas of architectural uncertainty / risk and bring clarity to any solution uncertainty and lead towards successful business outcomes
- Provide leadership and direction as well as ensuring more junior staff receive appropriate mentoring and coaching
- Build and publish key material for the SA practice to promote the purpose and benefits of IT Architecture, for knowledge sharing and communication
- Development and maintenance of an effective and comprehensive solutions architecture practice
We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your work with other priorities in your life therefore the role can be considered with the ability to work from home occasionally (dependant on project needs).
To be successful in the role you'll already have a significant amount of relevant architecture experience, associated strategies and frameworks, gained from direct hands on roles as well as solution oversight roles. You'll be passionate about coaching and developing others and will have previous management experience.
You'll be highly effective at both written and verbal communication with substantial experience of writing formal documentation and technical white papers. You will be highly adept at developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, planning and organising skills, an attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and the ability to work on your own initiative will be essential.
Ideally you'll be architecture certified and you'll have strong agile experience with a passion to drive continuous improvement.
With well-being in mind and to comply with social distancing guidance, we are currently using digital platforms such as Zoom to conduct our recruitment process...... click apply for full job details